Sunday, February 15, 2009

First time doing this....

So this is my first time. What I mean is ever blogging, having a website, reviewing wine, rating wine etc. I am a novice. It is not however, my first time tasting wine. I have been an avid fan of wine for many years now, about ten to be exact. What I am trying to do is come up with a rating system that's easy to understand.


So I figured what is the easiest way to do this. I searched the Internet, read up on ratings, and found what best suited me. I found this down loadable form on delongwine.com. It talks about color, aroma, taste, finish, balance and food paring. That works for me.

I like going to local vineyards and wineries, trying what they have and talking about the wines and my experiences at these places. I've been to Napa Valley once and have been to several vineyards in New Jersey. I would love to hear about other peoples experiences at local wineries as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment